CoolaData’s Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports enable you to display discrete values, counting various events in your data. For example, how many users, sessions, events per country and so on. This data can be shown broken down per day, week, month and so on.
For a complete introduction to the KPI report please see the following video:
To create a new KPI report:
- In the CoolaData Administrator console, click Reports .
Click the + button to add a new report. A dropdown menu of report types is displayed. Select KPI.
The following displays:
- In the Enter Name field, type any name for the report.
- To change the name of this KPI in the visualizations, click .
- In the Choose KPI field, select Custom or one of the preset options – different fields are displayed accordingly.
- In the Breakdown by field (optional), select the Time or the Property option to break down the display of the KPIs.
- Time – Select hour, day, week, month or year to break down the report. The following is an example of a report with a time breakdown and without –
- Property – Select a property by which to break down the report.
Each property may be displayed with indicators that describe it.
Virtual Property – Leftmost Box
V – Virtual property.
Property Type – Middle Box
M – Measure – A quantifiable value, meaning a count or a sum.
D – Dimension – A property that has a limited number of discrete possible values, such as a list of countries, job positions or colors.
O – Other – Neither a Measure, nor a Dimension.
Data Type – Rightmost Box
N – Number (Float or Integer)
S – String
T – Timestamp
- Define the report’s date range and define the report’s filter if you would like it to be different than the dashboard in which it appears.
- In the Description field, fill in any description of the report.
- Select one of the graphic representation icons. Then, set the visualization options and sliders that appear underneath according to your preference.
As you select various visualization options, the chart appears at the bottom of the window accordingly.
- Single number visualization
- Line chart
- Area chart
- Bar chart
- Column chart
- Pie chart
- Geo chart
- Pivot table
- Click Apply and then click the Compute button to display an example of the results of this query, as shown below –
- To publish this report –
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the page to display a toolbar.
- Select the Publish option.
- Fill out the window to specify the recipients to receive this report, the frequency and the time of day.
The new report now appears in the Dashboard and is sent to the specified recipients daily.
- Click Save.
To define a preset KPI report:
- In the Choose Kpi field, select one of the Preset options (such as Users, DAU, MAU or Recency). All these KPIs apply to the time range defined for the report/dashboard –
- Users – The number of users that performed an event.
- DAU – Daily Active Users – The average number of users who were active (sent an event) per day during the selected time period.
- MAU – Monthly Active Users – The average number of users who were active (sent an event) per month in the last year.
- Recency – The average amount of time elapsed between user sessions, meaning the average amount of time that it takes for a user to perform another event after a session has been completed.
- Sessions – The number of user sessions.
- Sessions Per User – The average number of sessions per user.
- Sessions Per Day – The average number of sessions per day (for all users).
- Sessions Duration (sec) – The average duration of each session, in seconds.
- Events Per User – The average number of events per user.
- Events Per Day – The average number of events per day.
- Events per Session – The average number of events per session.
- [Optional] To filter the property, select , which appears to the right of the Choose Kpi field. The following displays –
From the Select a property dropdown field, select one of the properties of the events that were sent to CoolaData.
In the Select an operator dropdown field, select an operator to be applied to this property and enter a value.
- You can add an additional KPI by clicking + Add KPI, so that more than one KPI is shown in the report.
To define a custom KPI report:
- When defining your KPI report, selecting Custom lets you define a function on a property to appear in the report.
- In the Select Function field, select one of the preset KPIs. All these KPIs apply to the time range defined for the report/dashboard –
- In the Select property field, select the property to which to apply the function.
- In the As field, specify the label (display name) to appear for this KPI in the report. You can add an additional KPI by clicking +, meaning that more than one KPI is shown in the report.