CoolaData’s Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports enable you to display discrete values, counting various events in your data. For example, how many users, sessions, events per country and so on. This data can be shown broken down per day, week, month and so on.
For a complete introduction to the KPI report please see the following video:
Creating a new KPI report
- Click the New Report button at the top to open the reports gallery.
- From Custom Reports, choose KPI.
The following displays:
- In the Enter Name field, type any name for the report.
- In the Choose KPI field, select one of the preset options, or custom – different fields are displayed accordingly. See more about the two types below.
- To change the name of this KPI click :
- To add conditions to this KPI, click the filter icon on the right – . The following displays – enter any conditions (up to 5 per KPI):
- You can add an additional KPIs by clicking + Add KPI button.
- In the Breakdown by field (optional), select the Time or the Property option to break down the display of the KPIs.
- Time: Select hour, day, week, month or year to break down the report. The following is an example of a report with a time breakdown and without
- Property: Select a property by which to break down the report.
- Define the report’s date range and filters.
- Click Run
- Configure the visualization
- Click Save.
In the Choose KPI field, select one of the following options:
- Users – The number of users that performed an event.
- DAU – Daily Active Users – The average number of users who were active (sent an event) per day during the selected time period.
- MAU – Monthly Active Users – The average number of users who were active (sent an event) per month in the last year.
- Recency – The average amount of time elapsed between user sessions, meaning the average amount of time that it takes for a user to perform another event after a session has been completed.
- Sessions – The number of user sessions.
- Sessions Per User – The average number of sessions per user.
- Sessions Per Day – The average number of sessions per day (for all users).
- Sessions Duration (sec) – The average duration of each session, in seconds.
- Events Per User – The average number of events per user.
- Events Per Day – The average number of events per day.
- Events per Session – The average number of events per session.
When defining your KPI report, selecting Custom lets you define a function on a property to appear in the report. Select a function and property, and add any conditions you need. Note that the available functions depend on the property data type. If you selected an invalid function, it will be replaced.