We’ve redesigned the platform to be more appealing and easier to use. We’ve kept all the previous design’s functionalities, and introduced some new ones.
Watch the following video to review the new design and see you exactly where everything is, or read the description below.
|Previous, non-responsive design||New, responsive design|
If you use Cooladata on low-resolution devices, it probably felt like things were a bit… cramped.
The new, responsive design fits any monitor and will help you communicate insights to your colleagues on any screen size.
We’ve moved the main navigation to the top, to give you more screen real estate to what matters most – your data. Dashboards and reports are now bigger and easier to use!
On the left you see the dashboards and reports lists, which will open the corresponding pages. On the right you see the system clock, user panel, project menu, and help menu:
- Point to the system clock to see the current time in your project’s time zone.
- Click the user panel to see your user token, for Query API purposes, or to log out.
- Click the project menu to see all the project options, as before. The list of options depends on your permission – project admins will have more options than standard users.
- Click the help menu to open the documentation, see what’s new, or restart the getting started tutorials.
We added a quick access “Create” button, to create any report from anywhere in the app. The new “Create” button opens the new report gallery. The new report gallery offers all the same reports as before, and more:
- In custom reports you’ll find all the report types you’re familiar with. Click a report type to open the default template, same as before.
- Click any other category to see a list of predefined reports. Click a report from the list to open a new, predefined report of the analysis it describes.
- Use the search above to find a specific analysis.
Note that reports created from the Create button aren’t added automatically to the dashboard – use the dashboard’s + button for that.
In the dashboard, everything remained in the same place:
- Rename the dashboard by clicking the title
- Navigate sheets by clicking the tabs
- Change the dashboard filters
- Change the dashboard date range
- View the dashboard options
- Share the dashboard (if you are an editor on the dashboard)
- Add reports to the sheet (if you are an editor on the dashboard)
The filter report design has been updated too, to fit more conditions in a smaller size. Click the button on the top right to apply the new conditions to the sheet.
We’ve overhauled the design of reports to give a lot more screen real estate to your visualization. Update the report, or just view it and switch between visualization types, without giving up screen space!
In the top bar, you’ll notice most things are the same:
- Report name: On the left you’ll see the report name. Click to edit it.
- Report type: Below the report name you will see the report type.
- Filters and date range: On the right you’ll find the report filters and date range, which work the same as before, but look the same as you’re used to in dashboard. Note that the option to ignore dashboard date range and filters have been moved to the Report Settings, under Options.
- Project: We’ve added the report’s project to the top bar. This will only affect the open report.
- Tags: We moved tags to the top bar. The new tags design shows you an indication of the number of tags used in the report. Click the button to add or edit tags. Point to the button to see the list of tags.
- Save and Save as: We’ve added a Save as option to reports. Use it to save changes you’ve made to a new report, without affecting the original. This will not switch you to the new report – click the save confirmation message to open it.
The new report layout is built of two sections: the editor, and the preview area.
- Editor: In new reports, the editor is open by default. Click on “Hide editor” will collapse it. Click on “Show editor” will expand it.
- Preview: The preview section allows you select and configure the visualization. Hiding the editor extends the preview area to fit the whole screen.
- Click a Preview type from the left to select it.
- Click Description to show, add or edit the report description
- Click Settings to change the selected visualization settings.