Onboarding and Tracking
- Getting started progress bar and tutorials: get started with your new account and familiarize yourself with the app quickly by following onscreen instructions. New users signing up to CoolaData will be shown 3 tutorials: “Explore the dashboard”, “Create and add reports” and “Create your first project”. Existing users can launch the tutorials by clicking the help icon in the main navigation (left side) and choosing “Getting Started”.
- Free Starter Plan: new account are now granted a free starter plan on the app. The new plan allows full use of the system with no charge, excluding some advanced features, such as: Materialized Views (aggregation tables), Virtual Properties, and CQL Reports. See details on the various plans or contact us for more information.
Analysis and Data Visualization
- New Path report: analyze your users’ most common paths quickly and easily using the new path report. The new report default shows the 10 (can expand up to 50) most common user paths throughout your app/site during the specified date range. However, it allows you to do much more than that! Define a sequence of events to only analyze paths starting, passing through or ending with specific events. Use advanced options to limit the paths to those ending within a specific time range (default is complete sessions), filter events by trimming the first/last events, a specific list of events, or paths including a specific sequence of events, and filter out repeating (duplicate events). The default report visualization uses the Sunburst view, switch to the standard table, or export to a CSV file.
- Query run time and row count: see the number of rows returned and query run time when computing reports on the report page. The compute function now shows the additional information after running any query, and allows you to stop a query from running before it was completed. Note that invalid CQLs cannot be computed – see the query validation message (next to the Compute button) for information on invalid syntax.
- Up to 10 funnel steps: expand your existing funnel analyses to ten steps when running over the entire date range or full sessions (not available when limiting the funnels to a specific number of days).
- Property duplicate names validation (non-case-sensitive): when creating new properties, either manually or by sending them in the tracker, a validation would prevent registering a new property if the name is already taken, even in a different case (uppercase or lowercase letters). When querying properties in CoolaData, the property name can be stated in any case. Therefore, we do not allow saving two different properties with only case difference. For example: “price” and “Price” would conflict, i.e. point to the same data column, and cannot be saved together on the the same project.