AppsFlyer provides a service for mobile campaign download attribution, allowing mobile app publishers to identify which downloads came from specific marketing and ad campaigns, and which are organic downloads. AppsFlyer has a unique method for user identification.
The AppsFlyer-CoolaData integration allows you to track activation, retention and other behavioral analyses and link them to the campaigns identified by AppsFlyer allowing you to optimize your campaigns by quality of customers via customer lifetime value (LTV) and virality scores as well as quantity of installs.
Example Business Questions:
- Cohort by Users who did: Install and also did: Purchase, breakdown by Campaign Name
- Path with pillar events: Install, Start Game, Invite Friend
- Power KPI – track number of installs, number of active users
- AppsFlyer tracks downloads via the AppStore or Android Store, Google Play etc. – events that happen outside of network.
- AppsFlyer does unique user identification.
- CoolaData can combine events across an entire lifecycle of a customer from download through activation and ongoing use (retention).
- CoolaData does not do user identification, but needs a user ID.
- CoolaData uses the AppsFlyer ID as the unique user ID, saving implementers from managing and combining separate user IDs.
The integration uses a combination of standard and custom CoolaData properties. To ensure that AppsFlyer is able to send the user_id, the app developer must set the custom user ID in the app initialization stage.
- Log in to the AppsFlyer Dashboard
- Select the app you want
- Click on “Integrated Partners” in the Configuration menu:
- Search for CoolaData:
- In the first tab of the configuration window (“Integration parameters”) under token insert your CoolaData app key (found in Project-settings in CoolaData)
- Check the Enable checkbox
- Click Save & Close
After this initial setup, install events will be automatically sent to Cooladata.
According to Facebook and Twitter T&C, Appsflyer are unable share user level data with any 3rd party. As a result, all Facebook and Twitter installs are sent to Cooladata as organic.
How it works
The main usage scenario is tracking the Install event, captured by AppsFlyer and sent to CoolaData. When the user installs the app, an AppsFlyer event is triggered to CoolaData, containing the properties listed in the JSON below as event properties:
Event Name: Install
You can now start creating your widgets in CoolaData to use the events and properties sent by AppsFlyer.
Sending in-app events
You could also postback Appsflyer in-app events to Cooladata. To set this up:
- In the integration configuration window go to the second tab: “In-App events”
- Send In-App events to Cooladata – choose and make sure the token contains the Cooladata same app key:
- In the “In App Events Mapping” section – map the event names you want to send to Cooladata (“Cooladata events” column contains the event_name sent to Cooladata). Select “send value” if you also want to send the events custom properties along with the in-app events:
- Click on “save and close” to save the configurations. In app events are now sent to Cooladata and can be viewed in the “Live events” view.