Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a free and easy to use platform that allows you to manage CoolaData’s code snippets and firing of events without having to edit the code of your site or application.
For more information on Google Tag Manager visit: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/ and https://support.google.com/tagmanager#topic=3441530.
- Open Google Tag Manager
- If you haven’t yet, sign up for an account (free).
- Create a new Container: name your container (“Cooladata”), and choose Web as the type:
- You will be asked to add a code snippet to your site. Follow the instruction on screen to implement GTM on your site.
Creating the CoolaData Tracker Init tag
- Click “New Tag” to create the basic tracker tag.
- Choose tag type from the list – “Custom HTML Tag”
- Paste the CoolaData JS Setup snippet (can be found in app.cooladata.com under Project – Event Source – JS) in the HTML section.
- Choose the trigger “All Pages”
- Name the tag: “Cooladata-tracker”
- Save the tag.
- Create a new tag and select type – “Custom HTML Tag”.
- Paste the CoolaData JS Track Event snippet (can be found in app.cooladata.com under Project – Event Source – JS) in the HTML section. Enter the event name and properties you wish to track. For example:
- Create a new trigger according to the action you wish to track:
- Name the tag and save it:
To publish your changes to production, name the new version and click Publish: