Analysis and Data Visualization
Run KPI report on Aggregation Tables and Integrations: use the KPI report to create queries on any table in the project, without having to write CQL.
The KPI report now supports using various data sources instead of Cooladata. This allows you to create custom aggregations and breakdown reports without having to write CQLs.
To switch the report’s data source:
- Open a KPI report
- From the top right corner of the form, click the hamburger icon – by default would say “Cooladata”.
- In the popup that opens, choose any table you want the report to run on.
- If your table contains a timestamp column, select it. This would allow you to use the date picker (both in the report and dashboards), and to use time breakdowns (minute, hour, day, etc.).
- Click apply to update the report.
Once a table other than Cooladata has been selected, the following will apply:
- Only custom KPI can be used: presets do not apply to tables, so you will only have the functionality of a custom KPI.
- Only table properties will be available: the measure, breakdown and filter property list will show the list of columns available in the table.
- If no date column was selected: date picker will be disabled, and time breakdown will not be available. You can still selected timestamp columns in any section, like any property.
- If you change the data source (between tables, or to/from Cooladata), properties used in the report that are not available in the target table will be removed.
Run Aggregation Tables over Linked Data Sources: create Aggregation Tables over any Linked Data Sources table.
Aggregation Tables now support using any linked data source in the “FROM” clause of the query, just like in CQL reports. This allows you to run scheduled aggregate directly on your database and save, and save them in Cooladata, for faster querying. All Aggregation Tables functions apply to linked data sources.
Drillthrough Reports: deep dive into your data from the visualization by connecting reports.
Cooladata’s charts now support connecting multiple reports to enable viewers to drill through data points and deep dive into the data.
To define drillthrough reports:
- Use either combined chart or pie chart – supported in KPI, CQL, Ranking and Fusion reports. This feature is not available yet for other visualizations, nor in Real Time reports.
- From the report options (top right ellipses button), choose Drillthrough reports (beta).
- In the popup that opens, select any reports from the project. You can connect to any report except for Real Time, using any visualization.
- Click apply to update the report.
To use the drillthrough function:
- In a combined or pie chart, click any data point on the chart
- If only one report was selected, it will replace the report visualization
- If more than one report was selected, a list will open for you to select from
- To go back to the original report, back button in the report title.
- In report page, Compute will also reset to the original chart.
How it works:
- Once drillthrough has been set up, a click on any point in the chart will open the connected report filtered to the property used in the x axis and the value selected.
- The x axis property must be available in the target report. All the project properties can be used, including virtual properties. However, when using an alias for this property, the target report must use the same alias for drillthrough to work.
- There is no limit on drillthrough levels – connect multiple reports to go through any number of levels and find the exact data you need.
Lookups on external tables: filters queries from external tables easily by selecting values from a list of lookups.
To use table lookups:
- Set a filter condition for a property from any table (other than “Cooladata”)
- Use either “is in list” or “not in list” operators
- On the first run, a list of values will be fetched from the table, to select from.
- If a list is already available, you can click Refresh lookups to update the list (using the current data in your table).
- Select any values and click Apply to update the report/dashboard
Drag&drop reports: organize your dashboard quickly by moving reports between sheets using drag&drop.
To move a report between sheets, simply drag it from the drag handle (same as for moving it) and point to another sheet. The report will be removed from the current sheet and added to the target sheet (at the default available position).