Analysis and Data Visualization
Alerts: stay informed of important measures, changes and trends in your user’s activity by email notifications.
Alerts can be triggered by any query! For example, use the behavioral funnel to measure shopping cart drop-off, and send an alert when the user count is greater than the threshold you define.
Click “Check condition” to test the query and see whether the current data would trigger the alert.
Alert emails can contain custom text and reports (like in publications), and can be addressed to any email.
Alerts are available from the project menu, accessible by project admins.
Click “Run now” to compute the condition, and if triggered, send the alert email.
Report Tags: find reports quickly on the reports list by adding tags (especially useful for reports with the same name).
To add or edit the report’s tags:
- Edit or create a new report
- Click the “Tags” section – below the report date range and filters
Any text can be added as a tag – even emojis! 🙂
Previously used tags are available from the list of tags.
When duplicate a dashboard with reports, a tag will automatically be added to the duplicated reports, to help you distinguish them from the original ones.
Pivot chart drill down: expand multiple levels of breakdowns in a single chart using the pivot visualization.
When you configure a report with multiple breakdowns, for example, using KPI report, the pivot chart allows you to expand each category and isolate it, to see a more detailed view of that data.
Turn “Expand drills down in charts” off in the chart’s settings to disable this and enable to expand multiple categories instead.
Filter external tables: use filters on reports from external tables in the report page and dashboard, as you do for reports from Cooladata.
To filter table properties: in the filter window, either type in any table column name directly in the property field, or select the specific table from the top right dropdown to show only properties from that table in the properties list.
Both Aggregation Tables and Integration tables are available in the tables list, if used in the project.
All operators and functions apply to these properties, just like for Cooladata properties.
Linked Data Source aliases: specify the connection type in the query FROM clause.
When querying Linked Data Sources, either use the standard format – “external.dataBaseName.tableName”, or specific the exact connection type instead – “mysql.dataBaseName.tableName”. Available connection types are:
Edit Aggregation Tables: edit the query of saved Aggregation Tables, without replacing them with new ones.
Note that, to avoid table schema conflicts, this is only allowed when using “Replace” strategy.
To edit an Aggregation Table in “Append” strategy, follow these steps:
- Change strategy to “Replace” and save
- Edit the query
- Run it
- Change strategy to “Append” and save
Create segments from funnels: create powerful user segments by isolating specific actions in funnel reports.
To create a segment from a funnel:
- Create a funnel report (note – not available when using funnel visualization on CQL reports)
- Click the visualization section/s you want to isolate – for example, all the users who dropped off on the second step.
- Click “Explore users” at the top right of the chart, and choose “Create Segment”.
- Name your segment – use a unique name, without spaces or special characters, and save it.
- To further edit the segment you created, either click the link in the save confirmation message at the top of the page, or go to the Segments list from the Project menu and click the name of the segment.
Updated project menu: orientate better in the many project settings Cooladata offers using the updated project menu.
The menu is divided into three sections:
- Data Sources: all the methods of adding data to your project: tracking, uploading, streaming, integrating and linking to external databases.
- Build: everything you can create in your project: segments, Aggregation Tables, Alerts and Publications.
- Manage: control and configure your project: monitor events, edit meta-data, project settings and user permissions.
Updated Schema: easily find out what tables your project contains from the Schema, accessible from the top right of the workspace.
Empty categories will be hidden.
Browse each section or search to find specific items:
- Cooladata: events and properties
- Aggregation Tables
- Linked Data Sources
Store any params sent it the URL using the default page_url_params property, sent on every page_load event.
Black/white list countries for project: block data from specific countries (by IP), or enable only specific countries.
Contact your Customer Success Manager for additional information.