- 1 Is there any size limit for each event I send?
- 2 I’ve noticed events on ‘Live Events’ view but cannot see them when I query.
- 3 Why am I getting the following error, when I am sure this property exists in my project: “Field ‘session_duration’ not found in project, Coolalog no:5522517”?
- 4 Does Cooladata support multiple customer identities?
- 5 Is session_id mandatory?
- 6 Which columns are automatically generated?
- 7 Is the API Token the same as the App Key for using SDK implementation?
- 8 How can I differentiate test data and organic data sent from my users?
- 9 Handling Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Is there any size limit for each event I send?
Event size should not exceed 100KB.
I’ve noticed events on ‘Live Events’ view but cannot see them when I query.
There are two reasons that this is likely to happen:
- The events haven’t been loaded to the data warehouse yet (Google BigQuery), and thus cannot be queried. In this case, wait for about an hour until the data loading is completed
- Some of the events’ properties were not sent in the correct format (either wrong type, missing etc.) and were consequently sent as invalids. You can query all invalids up to the previous 7 days, using the following query:
12select * from invalidswhere date_range(last 7 days)
Why am I getting the following error, when I am sure this property exists in my project: “Field ‘session_duration’ not found in project, Coolalog no:5522517”?
This error occurs when trying to pull data from two different partitioned tables: events table, and session table. To solve it, join both tables using mutual property appears in both, e.g. user_id.
For instance, the following query will produce this error as event_name is a user scope property (saved in events tables), whilst session_duration is a session property (saved in sessions tables):
select event_name, session_duration
where date_range (last 7 days)
Does Cooladata support multiple customer identities?
A user can start as anonymous user (hash key generated automatically), and then become a registered user. We support one old identity per user.
Once the user is sending both identities within the same event, we know how to convert it to the new identity.
Is session_id mandatory?
Which columns are automatically generated?
based on session_ip we are generating ip_country, ip_region, ip_city, ip_longtitue, ip_latitude.
based on DUA (device user agent) we are generating brand and model.
based on timestamp, we are generating multiple columns (hour, day, month, year, week…)
See our common properties documentation for more details.
Is the API Token the same as the App Key for using SDK implementation?
How can I differentiate test data and organic data sent from my users?
There are several ways of differentiating between test data and real data:
A different project
Both above methods require code intervention (in your app) to distinguish between real and test data.
In addition, if you have a distinct (and not too large) set of either devices or users that are generating test data, you can build segments that reflect those “test users”/”test devices” and filter them out in the dashboard slicers.
Handling Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Cooladata takes the utmost precautions to ensure the security of your data in the cloud and continually upgrades with the latest security options.
Cooladata accepts any event properties that you send without filtering them. However, even so, we advise you not to send sensitive personal information (such as credit card numbers) that may help a malicious entity identify someone.
Here are a few tips for protecting personal information:
- Conceal personally identifiable information. For example, by scrambling, cloaking, encrypting, faking or hashing it.
- Send a person’s location, instead of their IP address.
- Send only partial information, such as a person’s country instead of their IP address.
- Do not send combinations of information that may help someone piece together who the person is, such as session IP, address, gender and age.
- Read here for the feature we have released in order to help our customers comply with GDPR and other PII regulations.