Sign up to Cooladata
- Go to http://app.cooladata.com.
- Click Sign up.
- Fill in the form and click Sign up
- Wait until you receive an email with a registration link to the email you signed up with, and click the link to log in.
Create a Project
To create a new project:
- In the top right corner, click the Create your first project button.
- Enter the name of the project.
- Click CREATE.
With CoolaData, you can put all your data into a single project or you can divide your data up among multiple projects – as you see fit.
Why create multiple projects?
You control which dashboards, reports and publications users see. However, Admin users can access all the data in any project to which they are allowed access. To control the data that each CoolaData Admin users can access you can create multiple CoolaData projects.
For example, in an ecommerce site, you might have different stores – each belonging to a different company. Therefore, you might only want each company’s Admin user to see the data of their own company. In this case, you should create a project for each company, so that each Admin user can only access their own data in dashboards, publications and using the CoolaData API.
To start tracking events using the Cooladata trackers:
- After creating a project, if the page shown is not already displayed, select Project – Tracking.
- Choose the required OS and follow the on-screen instruction.
See more details and implementation options in the Sending Data section.
Monitor Incoming Events
CoolaData enables you to monitor incoming events so that you can verify proper integration with your application/website, regardless of the type of Tracker you use to send events to CoolaData.
As each event is received by CoolaData, it is classified as either valid or invalid and is displayed in the Live Events window within approximately five minutes. Valid events undergo additional processing by CoolaData and within an hour or two after being received, may be reclassified as invalid. In order to investigate the reason for invalid events, CoolaData provides a details option in the Live Events window and enables you to query its database for invalid events. See Handling Invalid Events for more information.
The Live Events page is used to monitor your incoming events to CoolaData. Open the page from the main menu Project – Live Events.
Events are shown in near realtime – from the time you send an event it may take up to a minute to appear on this page. The page shows the 500 most recently received events, sorted by the time they were received, with the most recent events appearing first. Click any column title to sort the list.
Each row represents an event. Click a row to see the raw JSON format it was sent in.
You can search the list or specific columns in the list from the top left search box.
The columns displayed in this list can be customized from the top right icon. The list of columns contains all available common properties in the project, as well as the following information:
- raw_data: displays the original JSON sent (can also be seen by clicking the event).
- Validity: an events can be valid – will be saved, invalid – will not be saved, or pending – a new event that will be saved if doesn’t conflict with other events in the project schema.
- invalidComments: invalid events will specify the rejection reason in this column.
- extraComments: pending events will specify the reason in this column.